Saturday, January 21, 2012

Colinet, NL

 This past summer myself and the boyfriend decided to go on a little "road trip" to a small town called Colinet. I was told that it was a perfect place to snap some pictures, so I said sure why not. It's about a hour and 30 minutes to get there from the city, but needless to say we got there faster with a little bit of speeding... shhh! 

You see, my boyfriends family is from there so we decided to go up to the home to where they grew up and check out the view, land, etc. Talk about a breathtaking view. Their house is right on top of a hill, and it overlooks the small town and the beautiful ocean. Now, one of the things I love most in this whole world is the ocean. I spent a lot of time it when I was a child and it brings back some good memories for me. So needless to say I was having a nice time.

So, I whipped my camera out and started shooting away like I was a mad lady. Then we walked down to the park and watched a few local teens play their little hearts out at basketball. They were having so much fun laughing and running around. They didn't seem to have a care in the world what was going on around them, only the fact that they were having fun in that moment and that's all that mattered. Seeing their smiles and hearing their laughs put a smile on my face too.

We then made our way up to the town graveyard where we spent a good bit of time reading the headstones of whom it was that had pasted on and the years they were born and pasted away. As weird as this is to read, walking through graveyards and reading the different peoples headstones is very interesting to me and one of my favorite pastimes. It's interesting to see people who were born in the 1800s and so on, and see the different styles of headstones from back then is neat! 

We also walked down to the beach and tried to skip some rocks on the water. I wasn't very good at it, but oh well! Then the boyfriend decided to go up and scratch our initials on the side of the bridge big enough for everyone to see!

But now that I've bored you with my blabbering I'm going to finally give you a view of some of the pictures I took while we were there.

www.wix.com/wisemanphotography/hilary

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment